Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Oh the places you'll go"-Dr. Suess

While we are getting ready to live just outside of D.C. for four months, we have been thinking about the places we want to visit while we are there.

Raulon is going to be working Monday-Saturday from about 9am-8pm and I'm going to be working something like Monday-Friday from about 9am-5pm, so we are going to be pretty busy, especially Raulon.  AND he can only take one day off a month to receive all of the benefits.  So we plan to do most of our site seeing on Sundays.  Here are a few of the places we are excited to visit.  Hopefully we will be able to hit them all, plus more!

 The Washington, D.C. Temple.  Gorgeous!  Excited to see it for real!  Raulon actually gets off a little earlier on Saturdays so we are hoping to be able to go a few times during the summer!


The Capital Building.  This is especially exciting for Raulon.  He LOVES politics. Me...not so much, but it will still be awesome to see it in real life!
The Holocaust Museum.  I love learning about history and WWII and the Holocaust interest me so much for some reason.  I hear this place really makes you cry :(
 The Smithsonian Museum... Well part of it.  I wonder how much of it we will have time to see!
Washington Monument and all the other Monuments in D.C.!
And Arlington National Cemetery.  I'm sure this will be a very touching, neat experience.

Have any of you ever been to Washington, D.C.?  If so why were you there?  Where did you visit?  Where would you recommend we visit?

5 comments:

  1. You know we only live 2 hours away. I would love for you guys to either come visit or we could meet you guys somewhere?? We live in western Maryland and its a beautiful drive to our house. The dc temple is the one we go to. What is bringing you guys to dc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!! :) We are working for a pest control company called Moxie for the summer. We are coming out there first week of May. We will DEFINITELY have to come visit you! I want to see you guys, it has been so long and I would love to see Maryland!

      Delete
  2. I love DC. It is such an amazing place to visit. The holocaust museum certainly does make you cry, but it is also a very touching experience. I really enjoyed going to the cemetery. You need to go to the library of congress and get a library card. Chris and I did when we went there. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family took us when I was a kid. The only thing I REALLY remember is spending one day riding the subway all over the place looking for the tallest escalators. One of them was HUGE. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day off a MONTH???? Wow--that would be totally stressful. I'm glad you're adjusting okay, and that you've found some friends! Sounds like a great adventure, though!! Hope you enjoy your time there (and still get to see your husband) :)

    ReplyDelete