Thursday, May 31, 2012

Catch UP

Okay people.... I realize I have been completely out of the internet world and so I am way behind on reading my favorite blogs, catching up with friends on facebook, pinning cute stuff on facebook, and just cruisin' the internet period.  I feel so out of the loop!  Hopefully we will be able to get the internet at our apartment soon, but for now I'll have to make due with when I can come to the apartment's clubhouse and use there's.

Here's a quick update on what's been going on in our lives since we moved out to Virginia!

First of all, we got her on May 5th at like one in the morning.  We were pretty much wasted because we drove 36 straight hours here.  We were very excited that we got to stop by and see Katie and Aaron and their cute family in Rawlins, WY on our way over! Thanks for letting us say hi and showing us your dance studio!

Raulon pretty much went right to work selling door to door when we got here and I had a few days to unpack and get us settled, so that was nice!  I work full time in the office for this pest control company Raulon is selling for.  The job is pretty easy but a little stressful.  Luckily I've started to make new friends with the other salesman's wives out here so that helps!

Raulon is actually really enjoying his job!  He loves talking to new people and learning new things and he is actually really picking it up quick and doing well!  I'm so proud of him!  He also has an AWESOME attitude that really inspires me and he is such a good example to me!  I'm trying really hard to be supportive and helpful and positive for him, because I know his job is WAY harder than mine!

So far the only site-seeing we've done is going to Arlington Cemetery the weekend of Memorial Day, so that was really awesome!  We also got to go to the D.C. Temple that weekend which was really beautiful and amazing!

Unfortunately, we don't have a camera but it is first on our list when we get paid!  Then I promise to have exciting pictures of our adventure posted all the time!

Thanks everyone for all your support, especially our parents!  We appreciate all you do for us!  We've really been enjoying our summer here and are grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow together!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys made it safe and are enjoying this new adventure in your lives. We sure miss you guys though so you better have fun to make up for the LOL. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fun adventure!! I love it out there...so much history! Did you get a camera yet? Take lots of pics when you do!

    ReplyDelete